If your natural lashes do not look like anything to write home about, why not consider enhancing them? There are many options out there that can do the trick. You just have to find the right one for you. Two popular eyelash-enhancing methods include false lashes, also known as falsies or strip lashes, and eyelash extensions. To ease your decision on which one to choose, we’ve compared both for you by asking some common questions.
What Do the Lashes Look Like?
- When you wear strip lashes, it will be obvious that your lashes are not your own. Strip lashes consists of a strip with lashes attached to it, hence the name. The lashes almost look too perfect, making it really easy to spot them when you are wearing them. Strip lashes are ideal if you are walking the runway, or are featured in a Lady Gaga video.
- Lavish Lashes® Eyelash Extensions offer a more natural look that is appropriate for every day, whether you are going to a party, to the gym or to work. Each extension is attached to an individual eyelash hair, making it less obvious that you have enhanced your lashes. The lashes still bring on a noticeable difference, but most people will not be able to pinpoint what it is. They will just think that you naturally have fabulous lashes.
How Long Do the Lashes Last?
- Although false lashes can be used for about two weeks, you will have to remove them every night before going to sleep and reapply them in the morning. This can take up a lot of time, so do not be surprised if you consistently find yourself making excuses to your boss for your tardy behavior.
- Eyelash Extensions shed with your natural lashes. You can sleep with them and wake up looking bright-eyed and refreshed in the morning. Depending on your natural shedding cycle and various other factors, the extensions can last up to 4 weeks or longer. However, if you visit your Lavish Lashes® Stylist every 2 to 3 weeks for a fill, you can have luxurious lashes year round.
How Much Do the Lashes Cost?
- Getting strip lashes might seem like a budget-friendly option. A set of falsies might cost as little as $1.50 and can easily be purchased at the local drug store. However, you will be responsible for applying the lashes, which is a skill in its own. Incorrect use of the adhesive, and a sloppy application of the lashes, can cost you much more than just a few dollars. When you remove the strips, you might end up tugging out your natural lashes, and if you have really bad luck, you can even end up shocking the roots of your natural lashes to the point where they refuse to grow back.
- On average, getting lash extensions can cost about $250 – $300, depending on where you live, and the stylist/salon you go to. You will also have to take into account the touch-ups to maintain your glamorous Lavish Lashes®. This might sound expensive, but when it comes to lash enhancements, you get what you pay for.
What are the Risks?
- Falsies might seem risk-free, since you apply them yourself. However, keep in mind that the adhesive will not withstand everything. Swimming, showering, or sweating, for instance are no-no’s while wearing falsies. Also, neglecting to remove the strips before sleeping can result in eyelid gland infections that will have you wishing you never applied the lashes in the first place. To make matters worse, if you are not careful when removing the lashes, you might also end up removing your natural lashes.
- Eyelash Extensions are attached with a cyanoacrylate-based cosmetic superglue, which creates an instant bond and requires the skill of a professional lash stylist to avoid super gluing lashes together. Eyelash extension adhesive is a known skin/eye irritant, and can trigger an allergic reaction in some people. To ensure that you are an ideal candidate for lash extensions, and to minimize the risk of undesired side effects, your Certified Lavish Lashes® Professional will ask you questions and perform a thorough consultation before applying the lashes. Unlike falsies, 24 hours after the application, you can swim, shower, and sweat with the extensions on, so your eyes never have to look less than perfect.
The end decision is up to you and how you would like to enhance them, lash extensions or false eyelashes!