Eyelash extensions can make your eyes pop and get you noticed! It is no secret that quality lash extensions applied by a Certified Eyelash Technician can be costly, and if you don’t have a Kim Kardashian budget, the last thing you want is for your lashes to prematurely fall out or get damaged. To ensure that you can enjoy your fabulous new lashes for as long as possible, stick to the following do’s and don’ts.
* Do visit your eyelash stylist every 2 to 3 weeks to get a touch-up to replace the lashes that have grown out. By keeping your lashes full and vibrant, you can confidently continue to bat your eyes like the diva you are!
* Do sleep on your back to avoid your pillow from wreaking havoc on your lashes. Even sleeping on your side can result in crimped and kinked lashes, so make it a point to count sheep with your face to the ceiling, or even better, purchase a Lavish Lashes® Lash Pillow. As an added bonus, you will wake up without pillow lines on your face.
* Do apply an after-care coating, to combat premature shedding of your lashes. Lavish Lashes® Extended Life Coating, for instance, protects your lashes from debris and oils, and keeps your lash line looking lovely.
* Do take lots of selfies and show off your #LavishLashes®. The compliments you get can boost your confidence and help motivate you to continue to properly care for your Lavish Lashes®.
* Do not rub, scrub, pick or pull at your lashes. Just like pimples, fight the urge to touch them. Hands off, just relax! If something is bothering you or doesn’t feel right, always see your lash stylist.
* Do not use oil-based products on or near your eyes. Oil may loosen the adhesive bond if it wedges in between the extensions and your natural lashes. Read the labels on your beauty products and vow to only use “oil-free” products for your eye care. Ban Vaseline, baby oil, and oil-based eye serums and creams. Your lashes will thank you.
* Do not wet your lash extensions within 24 hours of getting lashed! Avoid getting your lashes wet while swimming or washing your face, and when showering, tilt your head back to keep your lashes dry. In the gym, wear a headband to keep sweat from getting to your lashes, and avoid excessive sauna visits. Also, try not to cry! This should be easy, because you have no reason to… Your lashes look fabulous!
* Do not use waterproof mascara on your lashes, because removing it can be difficult and the friction can trigger premature shedding of your natural lashes and removal of the extensions. If you must, use water-based mascara, or use Max 2 Volume Mascara and is specifically formulated for lash extensions. Sparingly apply mascara on the tips of the extensions only, and remove it with an oil-free remover. Better yet, steer clear of mascara altogether — your lashes look great by themselves!
* Do not ignore signs of irritation, such as burning, swelling, redness and itching. Poor sanitation practices, improper adhesive applications, and sensitivity to lash extension adhesive are just some of the factors that can trigger discomfort and irritability after getting lashed and might result in the lash extensions being removed. Avoid these problems to begin with, by ensuring that you’re working with a Certified Eyelash Technician who knows how to properly apply lashes and takes you through a thorough consultation beforehand to ensure that you are a suitable lash extension candidate.
* Do not attempt to remove lash extensions yourself, because you might damage your natural lashes in the process. You don’t want to end up in an “I told you so” predicament — Leave it to the professionals!
Hooray! You now know what to do and what not to do to ensure gorgeous lasting lashes. Now stop sitting around, and go bat your eyes and enjoy your eyelash extensions!