In order to be certified, you must:
1. Provide Proof of licensure, formal training, or credentials within beauty, medical, or dental industry.
2. Successfully Pass your course by demonstrating comprehension of the key concepts and theory of lash extensions and consistently perform the application technique in a safe manner. This means you will have to demonstrate that you can apply a specified number of eyelash extensions within a given timeframe with perfect technique in order to pass the course.
3. Purchase a Lavish Lashes® Kit or the minimum equivalent of the cost of a Lavish Lashes QuickStart Practice Kit in retail value for the core products unless a kit is provided with the price of your course, i.e., Classic Mastery/Volume Basics course, Advanced Volume Blends Artistry courses, or certain school programs.
By successfully meeting these requirements, you are eligible for certification under our company name.
A Lavish Lashes certification acknowledges your existence as a Certified Lavish Lashes® Professional within the industry but does not license you to provide the service for a fee in the state in which you choose to practice:
- Most states require a license to practice certain beauty or body treatment disciplines for a fee.
- It is incumbent upon you to know and abide by the laws of your state regarding eyelash extensions.
- For your convenience, we have provided a summary of state laws and regulations regarding eyelash extensions and contact information for each state. (This summary is not intended to be a complete or exhaustive list or summary of state laws and regulations regarding eyelash extensions.)
- It is your responsibility to do the research for your state prior to signing up for the course.
Our policy for certification requires proof of licensure, formal training, or credentials within beauty, medical, or dental industry, however, we do not want to discourage excellent lash extension candidates from becoming trained and certified by Lavish Lashes.
For that reason, Lavish Lashes reserves the right to make exceptions on a case by case basis and provide training and certification to individuals who do not possess a cosmetology or esthetician’s license at the time of training but satisfy all other requirements for certification.
However, once an individual without licensure takes this course of action to become a Certified Lavish Lashes Professional, it becomes his or her sole responsibility to research and explore the particular state’s licensing or specialty permit requirements for offering and charging consumers for the service and it is incumbent upon each individual to understand and comply with these regulations.
Lavish Lashes internal certification does NOT imply or guarantee you will be able to practice lash extension services for a fee in your state, however, it does provide you with the necessary specialized training and unique skills needed to perform safe lash extension applications.
For many individuals, the next step in launching their new lash career is to move forward and obtain a cosmetology or esthetician’s license, ultimately producing a licensed and highly competent certified lash professional. Since many licensed cosmetologists and estheticians are legally approved to apply lash extensions, but have not received any lash extension specific coursework, training, or board testing, Lavish Lashes certification, combined with the requirements for state licensure, provides for the most highly skilled lash extension professionals, thus ensuring consumer safety and protection.
What’s the difference between the One-day (Basic Certification Course) and the Two-day course (Basic Certification & Advanced Comprehension Course)?
The Basic Certification course is just that—a unique blend of theory and practical hands-on training that teaches you our safe and efficient method for perfect technique in applying eyelash extensions and provides you the opportunity to be certified as an eyelash extension professional.
The Advanced Comprehension course takes your newly acquired skills to a new level and gives you a jump-start on your new career. This course offers:
- 5-7 hours entirely hands-on training (except for the first 30 minutes).
- More personal attention: in most cases it is a 1:2 instructor/student ration that allows for more observation and feedback
- Drills to challenge students to improve their speed with perfect technique
- Tips and strategies for working with challenging lashes and challenging situations
- Instruction on how to apply Lavish Lashes safely to the lower lashes
- Recognition of your time and investment into training and learning with an Advanced Certification.
What benefit is there to take the Basic Certification course and Advanced Comprehension course together as a two-day workshop?
While we have enumerated above the many benefits in taking the Advanced Comprehension Course right after the Basic Certification class, the number one benefit is that the second day of the training includes a training drill where students demonstrate they can double or triple their speed and practice with confidence.
It is not a coincidence that 95% of students feedback highly recommends that take the Basic Certification course and the Advanced Comprehension course be taken back to back as a two-day workshop because of the increase in skill attainment and confidence, not to mention the advantage in price. In fact, students, and trainers, are so emphatic about it that they think we should make it mandatory two-day class!
What’s the difference between the Advanced Comprehension Course and the Advanced Volume Blends Artistry courses?
The Advanced Comprehension course covers topics related to the application of Classic lashes, while the Advanced Volume Blends Artistry courses focus on the application of Volume lashes.
It varies, but on the average:
- Basic Certification Course: 4-6 students
- Advanced Comprehension Course: 2-4 students
- Advanced Volume Blends Artistry Courses: 2-4 students
This optimal instructor/student ratio offers you more personalized instruction, observation and feedback from the trainer.
Registering for our training a workshop is quick and easy:
- Browse our training options for Classic and Volume Lash training
- Choose the class that is right for your needs
- Go to our training schedule and search for the course, location and date.
- Create a customer profile, once you have chosen the training date and location for the workshop you wish to attend
- Purchase the training course(s) you have selected
- Place the order and an invoice will be automatically emailed to you
Note: You may also place your order by calling 888-708-1115 and don’t forget about our Lavish “Layaway” Program!
You will receive your certificate when:
- Your paperwork has been received from the instructor
- All requirements for certification are met
- It typically takes about 2-3 weeks to receive your certificate in the mail
That depends on whether or not we are having a sale or promotion. Please check with Customer Service regarding group rates by calling 888-708-1115.
1. Check Your Vision: If it has been a while since your last visit to an optometrist, please have your vision checked for both acuity and depth perception for close up work before practicing the procedure. You may also wish to consider bringing reading glasses, magnifier loops or some type of magnification to assist you with your vision. However, please be advised that magnification lenses are not always recommended as it may interfere with your depth perception. Please proceed with caution when using magnification lenses when working with live models during and after class until you are confident in your use of such magnification devises with this particular technique.
2. Practice the Procedure: It is not required, but if you have received your kit prior to your class, you may wish to begin practicing the procedure with the strip lashes provided in your kit by placing them on a closed eye/flat back mannequin head (available here for purchase). The benefit of practicing in this manner is that you familiarize yourself with the steps, included in your kit.
- Please dress comfortably. We recommend you bring a sweater, as the meeting room might be cool.
- You will need to bring a copy of your professional license, or proof of formal training, in the beauty or medical field and a copy of your photo ID to class. If you do not have a professional license you are still allowed to attend class, but please be aware that we may not be able to send you an official certificate, but rather a letter of completion. If you are in the process of obtaining your license you may simply fax that in when you have received it and we will then mail you a certificate.
- If available, please bring your kit. Although your Lavish Lashes Certified Trainer will be providing supplies for use during the training, it is preferable that you use the tweezers in your kit so that you learn to become comfortable with your tools.
We are committed to providing you with the best training experience possible and doing so requires advance planning and expenditures. Therefore, no full refunds on training fees or deposits will be given after the order is processed.
If you choose to re-schedule your class, you have up to one year from your original class date to pay the applicable administrative fee and take your training. A non-refundable administrative fee applies to re-scheduling requests as follows:
(1) If written notice of intent to reschedule is received fourteen (14) business days or greater before the scheduled class, the non-refundable administrative fee to reschedule will be 50% of the purchased price of the class.
(2) If written notice of intent to reschedule is received thirteen(13) business days to four (4) business days before the scheduled class, the non-refundable administrative fee to reschedule will be 75% of the purchased price of the class.
(3) If written notice of intent to reschedule is received three (3) business days or less before the scheduled class, or you fail to attend a scheduled class without notice, rescheduling will require full payment for an additional training course.
(4) If you are rescheduling due to illness, such as emergency surgery or hospitalization, or a death in your immediate family (spouse, parents, children, siblings), a $75 administrative fee will apply when proper documentation providing evidence to the event is provided.
(5) If, and only if, you are rescheduling due to severe weather conditions in which local or state authorities declare roads to be unsafe for travel shall an administrative fee be waived. If you choose to cancel your class, instead of rescheduling, you must:
- Provide written notice of your cancellation more than fourteen (14) days prior to your scheduled class. You will receive a refund minus a $350 cancellation fee.
- Refunds will not be granted for cancellation requests made within fourteen (14) days of your scheduled class.
There is a small percentage who don’t pass the Basic Certification course the first time. The reasons for not passing include:
- lack of perfect vision to do the technique
- the student may overthink the procedure
- the student is too hard on herself
- the student’s learning style requires a different approach and additional practice
You have the opportunity to retake the entire course free for an unlimited amount of time to refresh your skills or if you need a second chance to pass the course and become certified. If you would like to retake a course:
- Notify our office as soon as possible to reserve your seat, as space is limited and is subject to availability.
- A $50 administrative fee is required to reserve your seat (includes lunch and materials for class), if you schedule within the first six months of your original course.
- A $100 administrative fee is required to reserve your seat if scheduled after the first six months of the original class.
- Have “Good Standing” status according to our Terms and Conditions, if certified and taking the course as a refresher course.
We offer this free training because we are committed to your success in providing consumers with a quality, safe procedure. As far as we are aware, there isn’t another eyelash extension company that offers this kind of experience and dedication to their students!
It is very important that you practice with friends and relatives before you begin to charge for the service. If you don’t practice, your skills won’t improve, and you will give up! This technique takes time and REPEATED PRACTICE to master.
Invite friends and family to be practice models in the days immediately following your class and begin practicing before working on clients! Need help finding someone to practice on? We can help! With our new Model Match-up Program, we can connect you with a volunteer model who will understand you are newly certified and will be patient while you build up your speed.
Once you can safely and efficiently apply a full set of extensions in under two hours, you are ready to charge clients for the service.