Yes, we recommend that you provide your own model—preferably a friend or family member.
Good candidates for models have the following:
- fairly straight lashes (curly lashes are more challenging to work with)
- healthy lashes (short and/or fine lashes are more challenging to work with)
- healthy eyes
- non-sensitive skin around the eye and lash line
- If you are unable to provide your own model, please contact us as soon as possible, we will attempt to secure a model for you.
- A non-refundable fee for the model will apply. Model fees will range from $75-$100 a day depending on the course and timing of the request.
- I am taking the two-day course for Basic Certification and Advanced Comprehension. Should I have the same model for both days?
Yes, we recommend you work on the same model; however, we realize that may not always be possible.
If you are taking the one-day Basic Certification course only, you cannot guarantee a full set of lashes during the 1½ – 2-hour session with your model. Models typically only receive a set of accent extensions (about 5-15 on each eye). This is a training exercise and the objective is not to see how many lash extensions you can place on your model, but rather on the safety and quality of the application.
Remember, you can plan with your model after the training to continue the application.
No. In the unlikely event your model does not want to keep the extensions applied during training, you will be properly trained on how to remove extensions and can offer to remove them at a later time.