The beauty industry is a multi-billion dollar industry, and if you think you are not contributing to it, it is time to wake up and smell the coffee! Each time you give into the temptation to buy that must-have, ever-lasting lipstick, or that new mascara that promises lashes à la Bambi, you just add to the statistics. The numbers are astonishing. According to research, the average woman spends about $15,000 on cosmetics in a lifetime, from which $3,770 is spent on mascara alone! Most women own 2 to 3 tubes of mascara, but only use 1 on a daily basis. To make matters worse, mascara starts getting crusty after a mere 2 to 3 months. Maybe that explains why women shop for makeup an average of five times a year.
Good news! By getting Lavish Lashes® you can actually save money, because you won’t need to use mascara. The extensions enhance your lashes to the point where mascara has no business in your makeup drawer. Your lashes already look fuller, thicker, and longer and as a bonus, you won’t have to worry about smudged raccoon eyes, or accidentally pulling out your lashes while scrubbing to remove stubborn mascara globs from them. To put it in perspective, we made a list of things you can do with the money you save on buying mascara.
10 Things You Can Do With the Money You Save On Not Buying Mascara
- Plan a short getaway. Book a hotel on the beach, or visit an amusement park. A quick break from the daily hustle and bustle can revive your spirit and have you feeling energized and ready for the world!
- Pamper yourself. Just because you are saving money on mascara, it doesn’t mean that you cannot spend it on another treat. Consider getting a massage, facial, pedicure or manicure. You can even save-up to get LavishBrow™ extensions, so you can stop investing in eyebrow pencils, shadows, and gels, and save even more money.
- Make someone else happy. Giving the money away to charity will help someone else and make you feel good about yourself.
- Entertain yourself. See a movie, enjoy a concert, or buy that new book you have been eying. Entertainment might suddenly seem more affordable when you stop buying mascara.
- Splurge on a new top or fancy shoes. In addition to your lashes, the entire package will look good. Besides, a girl can never have too many shoes!
- Work up a sweat. Purchasing a gym membership (and actually using it) is a great way to maintain your health. If you are single, the gym is a great place for socializing and meeting new people. Just bat those lashes and watch the suitors come running!
- Pay a bill. Use the money you have saved from not buying mascara to start paying off those dreaded bills that you have been ignoring. You might as well accept that bills are never-ending, and unless you pay them, they are not going anywhere.
- Buy Christmas gifts at the end of the year. The holidays are expensive, so what better way to spend the extra money you have. Start scoping out those Black Friday deals early on and budget accordingly.
- Decorate your home. Even if you are not a professional interior decorator, a plant, photo or painting can seriously enhance the atmosphere in your home. So what are you waiting for, hop to the store!
- Save it for a rainy day. You never know when an emergency is going to catch you by surprise. Putting away the money you save on mascara can add up over time, and when your tire suddenly blows out, or the faucet will not stop leaking, you will be grateful that you socked it away.